Reports to: SVP, Sales
Our client is seeking a Sales VP, responsible for contributing to and executing the sales strategy for their higher education market. The Sales VP will leverage industry relations through the understanding of higher education challenges and potential that can be addressed by the company. Candidates must have experience in selling to university or college Presidents, Chief Academic Officers, Provosts, and others in the organization’s leadership. The role requires more than 15 years of experience in higher education, selling products and services to traditional colleges, including community colleges. A very good understanding of the procurement process, grants, budgeting, and program design is a must. Candidates with a track record in selling instructional design services, LMS products, BI products, and/or other teaching and learning products are preferred.
Candidates must have excellent selling skills and understanding of consultative sales processes, focusing on building long term business and strategic partnerships with higher education institutions.
- Traditional universities and colleges
- Community Colleges
- Online Universities
- Colleges with Blended or Hybrid Programs
- Online Program Management (OPM) companies
- MOOC companies
- Competency-Based Education focused institutions
- Workforce Skills and Workforce Education focused higher-ed institutions
- Network with industry leaders, advisors, and consultants
- Collaborate on the business unit market strategy
- Define prospect list, and pursue leads
- Direct inside sales campaigns
- Direct marketing campaigns
- Define individual account strategy
- Work closely with executive leadership to deliver to the defined strategy
- Build sales teams and processes aligned to the sales strategy, mentor team members
- Create pipeline of opportunities, manage funnel, direct pre-sales/bid teams to craft winning bids
- Should have experience in enabling revenue in excess of $10 Million
- Should be able to manage sales teams
- Collaborate with executive leadership and industry leaders
- Collaborate with teams, across all of the company’s global locations
- Collaborate with marketing and operations
- Achieve targets assigned for prospecting, client conversions and revenue
- Manage forecast and sales pipeline reporting, on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in Higher Education. Existing relationships with schools, private and public universities, community college system, or board of regents.
- Consistently handled sales targets in excess of $10 million and exceeded the targets.
- Excellent leadership skills and selling skills, understanding of sales processes
- Excellent analytical skills and consultative selling ability. Manage market expectations, understand client requirements, manage the bid process with sales support, and enable a winning bid
- Excellent hunting skills
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- The company has offices across USA, India and UK and global customers. Coordination with global colleagues and customers would require early morning or late evening calls/meetings.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and travel (up to 60%); will include overnight travel. Must live in proximity to a large airport to facilitate travel.
- Proficient in modern business tools, sales CRMs, MS Office, Google Applications, modern browsers and business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, and presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Meet, Zoom.)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Work environment is primarily indoors in office, at home, in a school, client office or other professional settings; travel from site to site; exposure to all types of weather and temperature conditions; and exposure to hazardous driving and traffic conditions.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to regularly walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, crouch, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight up to 25 pounds.