We believe in the power and value of education. We are committed to helping each student achieve their full potential. Our portfolio is driven by individuals with a shared passion – to improve education by developing world-class content, engaging and novel technologies, and deep partnerships with the instructors and institutions shaping contemporary education. We are united by a belief that we can improve lives through learning.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, work-related travel is limited as much as feasible, and employees are asked to take precautions to protect themselves. Since the COVID-19 situation remains dynamic, traveling for this role is voluntary until further notice from public health officials. The safety of our employees is of the utmost importance.
We are seeking a Field-based Student Engagement Specialist in California! The Field-Based Student Engagement Specialist is responsible for sales growth of iClicker/Reef, student retention solutions, and institution-based solutions, including hardware and software products, within an assigned territory of two and four-year accounts. Primary responsibilities include obtaining new site licenses, converting new standardized accounts, driving sales at the course level, and supporting the Centers for Teaching and Learning.
The Field-Based Student Engagement Specialist will support the sales team with product expertise, sales strategies, and presentations for large opportunities. This role is expected to travel extensively, including visits to key accounts, regional and national conferences, and sales meetings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Secure additional standardized schools and site license departments/schools:
- Identify, work and respond to open RFPs
- Identify potential student retention requirements and the institutional budgets allocated for spend
- Facilitate business development on competitive standardizations
- Identify and develop high-level relationships within assigned territory, including CTL, CIO, Provost, Deans, and Department Chairs
- Participate in key presentations for courses with our products that are over 400 annual enrollment
- Initiate administrative-level meetings focused on free attendance and iClicker Insight at Community Colleges and 4-year institutions with full-time enrollment greater than 5,000 students
- Work with RMs, discipline Specialists and reps to identify key two-year Targets
- Coordinate and participate in high impact events such as conventions, symposiums, technology events and focus groups
- Build awareness of Cirque and secure adoptions
- Identify leads
- Follow-up on leads from Director of Institutional Sales
- Work with HSS Specialists to identify leads associated with College Success
- Utilize CRM to review customer data, update sales information and enter activity
- Submit Trip Reports in a regular and timely fashion
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with RMs, discipline specialists and sales reps
- Collaborate with SES Partner to utilize account research and leads provided by them
- Partner with marketing, product and client services to develop successful strategies designed to gain market share
- Provide ongoing research and feedback on classroom technology trends to stakeholders, including sales, marketing and product teams
- Deliver comprehensive training and onboarding for standardized and site license iClicker adoptions at the department or CTL level
- Support iClicker and Reef training for courses over 400 annual enrollment
- Serve as iClicker/Reef expert for RMs, discipline specialists and reps at the regional level
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- At least 3 years of experience in B2B Sales
- Experience with Higher Education Publishing preferred
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with field sales, marketing, product and client success teams
- Experience presenting
- Proven technical proficiency
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Valid driver’s license
Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their dependents are eligible for benefits, effective on the employee’s date of hire. We also offer health benefit coverage to qualifying same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners (may require additional documentation) of active employees.
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Company Car
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Contributions to your Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off policy and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Fast-paced, intellectually-challenging professional environment
- And much more!
Required – Bachelors or better
Required – 3 years B2B Sales