Our client helps education and learning institutions and organizations through delivering great learning experiences. A leading learning design firm rooted in purposeful learning design, this company uses a people-centric approach that promises learner success. They are a fast-growing, innovative and agile tech-enabled services company, whose teams are passionate about design and innovation in learning, dedicated to improving the experience for all people involved. Our client partners with higher education institutions, companies who work in the education and training market, membership organizations, and professional communities. The company’s expertise and capabilities enable their partners and clients to design, develop, and launch successful learning experiences.
Our client is launching new solutions for higher education that provide affordable, evidence-based practices to help innovate learning experiences, rapidly and at scale. They combine processes, training, technology and services, to enable their clients and partners to accelerate innovation and execution around learning and course redesign.
Our client seeks a professional sales person who wishes to:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deeply collaborative environment where team members are always learning from each other and from the latest best practices.
- Help a deeply experienced and committed company achieve ambitious growth in the higher education market.
- Maximize market penetration and meet revenue goals for the company’s tech-enabled products and solutions, and related professional services.
- Ensure the sales funnel supports and enables the company to meet the sales goal through a variety of tactics including personal prospecting and converting leads generated through digital marketing, conferences, webinars, etc.
- Implement and execute on agreed upon sales campaigns by aligning efforts to marketing plans and strategies; provide input to revision and creation of the plans.
Our Client Seeks Someone Who Can:
- Work autonomously while holding yourself accountable.
- Use past experience and existing knowledge to grow new business.
- Evaluate opportunities expertly and make sound decisions around probability.
- Be extremely clear and intentional with follow up and next steps.
- Can synthesize numerous sources of information, make connections, imagine solutions.
- Balance customer expectations with the company’s ability to deliver.
- Effectively use the company’s CRM to guide your activity and company strategy.
- Improve market knowledge and provide input to marketing & product development.
- Well-developed prospecting and presentation capabilities.
- Enjoys problem solving; is practiced in creative and critical thinking.
- Commitment to and proficient in proactive and effective communication.
- Ability to scope opportunities, prepare financials and work with contracts.
- Understands closing: how to close each step through and including final agreement.
- Commitment to territory and sales funnel management.
- Ability to work with short and long sales cycles, with individual buyers and purchasing departments; can identify and lead responses to client RFPs.
- Experience in higher education or related markets; proven ability to connect with leadership at client institutions.
- Desire to engage with professionals dedicated to innovation in teaching and learning; familiar with learning design.
- Five years customer facing experience; minimum of three years of direct sales experience or demonstrable equivalent role; motivation for sales.
- Track record of developing, implementing and executing strategic sales plans.
- Accomplished in consultative selling; comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- History of building and maintaining trusting relationships with clients and colleagues.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficient in technology tools generally used in business, in our marketplace and specifically at our company.
- Travel may be required within the United States and Canada to prospect at client locations, events or conferences.
Our client recognizes that no single candidate can perfectly match all of these qualifications. The most important quality is the motivation to do this position and work in this industry. If you don’t meet each of these as written, it does not disqualify you, please apply if you are interested and can demonstrate a strong fit and background to help you succeed.
Please apply to this position if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! Compensation is commensurate with experience. Our client is seeking to fill this role immediately.