The Sales Director, K12 is responsible for executing the sales strategy for our State and Local Education Agencies clients, through prospecting, leads management, closing new business opportunities, and scaling the account potential. Candidates are expected to be experienced in dealings with state and local education agencies (SEAs and LEAs), with an understanding of agency procurement, sourcing, and bidding. Experience working closely with education experts and leadership in SEAs and LEAs are preferred.
Candidates must have experience presenting compelling and winning value propositions to prospective clients. Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes, especially education products and services, enterprise architecture, Ed-tech consulting, engineering, staffing, data, and analytics solutions. Prepare and perform sales presentations, promotions, attend or exhibit at trade shows, seminars, and other sales leadership duties necessary to achieve maximum sales.
- Manage a team of Sales Representatives and Lead Gen representatives (or outbound agencies), focused on selling product license to District Administration/Procurement
- Networking and relationship building skills with federal, state, and local government agency executives, legislature, departments or boards of educations, superintendents, directors of assessments or curriculum, CIOs and CTOs
- Identify potential upselling potential and additional relationship-building needs within a prospective or existing agency
- Knowledge of funding sources within the prospective SEAs and LEAs, procurement processes, and associated state, local or federal regulations
- Define individual client sales strategy and collaborate with sales head, business head, industry experts in the customer acquisition strategy
- Manage sales funnel for the business unit, source RFPs from direct and indirect channels, including state procurement portals
- Direct and coordinate bids and proposals with the sales support team, negotiate contracts and agreements
- Other duties upon request
- Sales process and team management
- Sales team quota and funnel management
- Networking with federal, state and local agency leadership, preferably education leadership
- Directing the sales process for our company’s products and professional services in education technology, data, curriculum and assessments
- Customer experience and expectation management
- Provide consultative and leadership direction to clients and internal teams
- Understand the education industry challenges, solutions, key players, and standards that govern the industry
- Define best practices and processes that best suit the business unit’s CRM goals
- Focus on short term goals and long term strategies
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Manage forecast and sales pipeline reporting, on a regular basis in Salesforce
- Manage a team of business development manager(s), inside sales, and/or sales managers; effectively coach and mentor employees; provide meaningful feedback on an ongoing basis; proactively support employee involvement and development and provide appropriate training; counsel employees on performance standards; complete and administer accurate and timely performance reviews
- Collaborate with marketing and PR departments for conferences, networking events, education industry collaborations like CCSSO, IMS Global
- Monitors the effectiveness of the services or implementation of the product to ensure satisfied customers and continued usage of company products and services; upsell existing clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in sales, marketing, communications, business, IT or Engineering; Master’s Degree a plus.
- 10+ years’ experience in Software Services sales, preferably to SEAs and LEAs.
- Existing executive relationships with SEAs, LEAs, and similar agencies
- Experience in IT services, enterprise architecture, data and analytics, staffing services (desired), professional services.
- Excellent analytical skills and consultative selling and influence ability.
- Excellent hunting skills.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed, and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and travel (up to 60%); will include some overnight travel. Must live in proximity to an airport to facilitate travel.
- Proficient in modern business tools, sales CRMs, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools.
- We have offices in India and the USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning or late evening calls/meetings.
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, client office, or other professional settings; travel from site to site; exposure to all types of weather and temperature conditions; and exposure to hazardous driving and traffic conditions.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to regularly walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, crouch, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight up to 25 pounds.