About The Company
Our client connects students, parents, teachers and school districts with resources that promote a lifelong love of learning. Anyone with an internet connection is welcome to create a free account and try the most effective and engaging K-8 math platform in the world. Our client’s business model helps connect with youth around the world, with over 100 million students now voluntarily practicing math every single day — and enjoying it! They have an incredible team that works tirelessly to turn their goal of making education a human right into a reality. They are immensely grateful for their amazing team and all they do every day. Our client welcomes people who are passionate in helping an entire generation of students to LOVE learning.
Please note: During the Covid-19 pandemic, in order to keep all candidates safe, they are hiring and on-boarding 100% remotely for the forseeable future.
- Are you a seasoned sales and operations leader with experience building a high growth, two sided platform? Do you have experience building out new teams, roles and processes? Are you results driven and eager to get stuff done? Are you passionate about learning and delivering powerful learning outcomes to students all over the world? Do you want to work in a start up that has an excellent track record of success and is building a transformational new business line? Our client is establishing a new product to bring effective, fun, 1-to-1 learning to children everywhere! They bring together insights we have on how children learn, the educators who use the product in schools, and parents who want to fulfill their child’s potential.
- This company began a year ago as a ‘start-up’ squad in a larger organization. Today, they are on the precipice of scaling fast and have ambitious plans to become the market leading tutoring business in North America within two years. They need an experienced, enthusiastic, methodical leader to help in their quest.
- You will be responsible for the supply side of our client’s platform: hiring, training and developing excellent teachers to join on the mission to bring high quality 1-to-1 learning to everyone.
- You will also guide their team on best practices for sales to ensure they have the right people selling and managing client relationships and the right processes to ensure a scaleable ROI.
- You will develop new processes and best practices to ensure tutor quality.
- You will manage KPI’s such as show rate, conversion and customer lifetime value.
- You will work with a cross-functional team of product professionals to make decisions about the future direction of the product.
Who You Are:
- You are experienced in sales and operations at a fast growing organization. You know how to manage a platform business and you want the opportunity to contribute to a new business.
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Experience in hiring, leading, managing, and scaling a team of 100+ remote employees
- Experience in establishing new processes and policies
- Sales leader who can coach non-traditional sales people
- Customer service mindset
- Can manage through ambiguity
- Can balance the need to get things done with the need to think strategically
- Exhibits company vales of User-Obsession, Radical Candor, Growth Mindset, Extreme Ownership
- Willingness to learn and work in a hyper-growth company
Bonus Points For:
- Education industry experience
- Experience as a tutor or a teacher
- Experience in B2C Educational sales and operations