Location: Work from home (U.S.)
Reports to: Product Manager
The Customer Experience Lead is responsible for proactively increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty, through ensuring interactions meet customer needs and managing the customer life cycle, ensuring that each touchpoint across the customer journey is engaging, efficient, and effective. This is a player/coach role, and you will also support a portfolio of projects and project teams as needed.
- Design and build content architecture (e.g., content framework, blueprints, and templates).
- Lead the team in the design and development of programs and courseware with research-based pedagogical and instructional models.
- Identify and prioritize proactive and reactive updates to support design and development according to client and internal expectations.
- Use a consultative client approach to provide ongoing solutions, service, and support while managing client expectations and implementing action plans where needed; resolve customer issues and develop best practices to mitigate future issues; recommend additional products and services based on needs and program evaluations.
- Liaise between the client and internal teams; support the assignments of internal team, freelancers, project management, and development resources, i.e., ensuring we have the right talent and resources; ensuring blueprints are created for subject areas.
- Provide thoughtful leadership by analyzing enterprise business contexts (trends and business strategy) as well as technology evolutions to derive the Content Architecture and Learning Design future state.
- Develop, manage, and maintain an enterprise Content Architecture strategy and roadmap.
- Work with Business Analysts, SMEs, IDs, UI, UX, and Design teams when applicable to design, develop, and deliver the features and functionalities of adaptive learning products.
- Create strategies and roll out the implementation of structured and reusable content using an Agile methodology.
- Understand and communicate how the Content Architecture interacts, supports, and integrates with other technologies and information systems and when in the timeline for the course roadmap strategy.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client needs and objectives.
- Lead program monitoring and quality assurance activities to ensure that the plan is implemented successfully and the program/project schedule, quality, and financials are on track to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Contribute to provide professional development solutions so clients can take ownership of their professional learning in ways that directly impact their students.
- Contribute to and or manage proposal efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
Metrics for a Customer Service Lead:
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT)
- Customer Effort Score (CES)
- Customer Churn Rate
- Customer Retention
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management studies, or in a related discipline; Masters’ preferred.
- 5+ years related experience in customer support experience and/or consulting in education.
- Experience working with onshore/offshore teams in a global company a plus.
- Working with SaaS companies is a plus.
- A “customer-first” mentality to help drive the best customer experience.
- Empathy and ability to understand customer needs and develop partnerships in a condensed time frame.
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivates colleagues to focus their energy on achieving business goals and outstanding customer service.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and tactical operational levels.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, detail and deadline-oriented
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility to build supportive relationships
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems independently
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision. Travel required (up to 25%), may include overnight travel.
- Our client has offices in India, the UK and the US and serves global customers. Coordination with people in all time zones may be required, which requires early morning or late evening calls/meetings, as needed per project.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern browsers and business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Chat, Zoom)
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other professional settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment. Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.