For over 50 years, we have been a leading supplier of learning materials, furniture and equipment to the Canadian early childhood education and elementary school markets. We offer our customers the most complete selection of quality goods available in the market, complemented by outstanding service. We have 2 interrelated distribution businesses in the educational marketplace:
- We publish a catalogue that sells furniture, equipment and learning resources to the childcare and elementary school market.
- We also also provide assistive technological solutions and related training to the special education market.
We are 100% Canadian owned and operate from a 35,000 square foot distribution centre in Scarborough, Ontario.
We are looking for a new Category Manager as a key member of the management team.
- Leadership & direction in refining the product collection that represents the values, objectives and culture of the company.
- Participate and collaborate in the strategic positioning of the company in target markets.
- Build quality collections that meet customers needs and exceed their expectations.
- Manage the product life cycle, positioning and pricing. Analyze current offerings, select new products, new vendors and sourcing.
- Take a leadership role in the production of various catalogs, collections and support materials.
- Attend key vendor and customer conferences. Understand trends and curriculum changes in relation to products and services.
- Construct competitive tenders, matching their products to the official listing and providing creative solutions.
- Manage vendor information, relationships, product and pricing information.
- Working closely with Sales, Marketing, Distribution & Finance to produce and maintain customized listings for new projects.
Qualifications / skills:
- 4 – 5 years category and/or product management
- Organized, creative problem-solver who loves to build excellent relationships, design quality offerings, and streamline processes
- All about the entire team and making this company the place to be for customers, vendors, and employees
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral & written
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office & with ERP systems
- Related Post-Secondary Education
- Bilingual an asset
If you have the desire to work for a Canadian company that contributes to the well-being and education of our future leaders, and that offers exceptional quality products and high customer satisfaction, then employment with us may be right for you.