What You’ll Do:
- Create and implement the sales strategy and tactical plan for the region, meeting or exceeding targets.
- Effectively manage the regional sales pipeline, with an emphasis on accuracy, data analysis and excellent prioritization.
- Conduct effective communication – telephone/email campaigns, in-person meetings etc. – to introduce our client’s products to both new and existing customers.
- Maintain advanced product knowledge across the entire portfolio.
- Maximize customers within the region through proactive and self-sufficient management of the entire sales cycle.
- Maintain excellent relationships with customer institutions, building long-term relationships across the library in support of negotiating and closing business, including with the most senior stakeholders.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of both the existing market and potential new markets, creating opportunities with alternate customer bases, consortia, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing, Outreach (faculty sales and post-sales customer relations), and Editorial teams to leverage market and customer intelligence.
- Use your insight into the market sector to maximize penetration and develop new opportunities, including non-traditional customers/consortia etc.
- Harness, analyze and accurately maintain data in the CRM and other tools, for effective customer and opportunities management, and to facilitate reporting and inform strategic decisions.
- Attend industry conferences and networking events.
Skills You’ll Need:
Professional Experience and Skills:
- College degree with demonstrable interest in relevant subjects, such as arts and humanities or library science.
- Success in a sales role, with a customer-focused attitude and ability to negotiate large and complex deals.
- Professional knowledge of the publishing, academic library, or EdTech sectors.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to engage all audiences – comfortable with presenting, dealing with stakeholders at different levels, and negotiating and persuading.
- Excellent analytical and organisational abilities, combining good attention to detail with ability to thinking strategically.
- Experience with CRM systems beneficial.
About Our Client
Our client is an academic publisher based in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Being a market leader with a reputation for excellence, our client searches for exceptional candidates who share our passion and commitment. Our client provides a vibrant work environment in which we offer our employees the opportunities they are looking for, develop their skills, and support their career aspirations.
Our client’s values are:
Be Bold- We maintain our entrepreneurial spirit, keeping a sense of agility and curiosity in all we do.
Be Distinctive- We think differently and celebrate the individual. We bring quality, passion, and fun to our work.
Be Honest- We act with integrity to our partners and customers. We are forthright with each other to ensure we continually improve.
Be Accountable- We take responsibility for delivering results and support one another to succeed.
Our client’s sales culture is:
Professional: Motivated to gain the trust and respect of your customer and to meet their needs, you are highly trained, consultative in your approach, thoroughly prepared and well informed.
Entrepreneurial: Passionate about new products and opportunities you are self motivated, embrace change and are accountable with a thirst for knowledge.
Competitive: Inspired to be the best in the industry and to Increase our market share you embrace healthy competition, learn from your colleagues and celebrate the team’s success.
Analytical: Inspired to make a difference, you harness the tools provided to evaluate the market, improve performance, manage your customers and secure sales.
Commercial: Supported and driven to make good long-term business decisions, you are a skilled negotiator and understand the importance of reaching your sales targets through consistent pricing, sensible discounts and delivering on our strategic goals.
Connected: United by our mission you seek to engage with co-workers from across the Group to deliver results, knowledge share, learn from your mistakes and embrace the diversity of our global community.
Alongside our client’s generous benefits package, they want the time spent at work to be engaging and fun. Our client achieves this by providing a friendly and welcoming place to work.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Charter
Our client is committed to being an inclusive employer where all individuals are treated with fairness and respect, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and partnership status, pregnancy and parental responsibilities, race, religion and belief and sexual orientation. We strive to achieve an optimum representation of diverse talent at all levels across our workforce, and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.