The majority of this role will cover our client’sRocky Mountains territory. The ideal candidate is based in Denver, CO, Phoenix, AZ, or Salt Lake City, UT.
The STEM Specialist will be responsible for helping drive sales in the STEM higher education markets. While the position involves providing important feedback to marketing and editorial teams, the primary focus is on driving sales through active support of sales representatives and managers in the field. The STEM Specialist will conduct sales presentations for large opportunities and create and implement closing strategies post presentation, and be the communication conduit for marketing/editorial to the field sales rep for our client’s disciplines while also providing market intelligence to those same marketing/editorial teams. There is also a significant training component to this position, including: training & developing reps in our client’s disciplines as well as conducting training for our client’s customers.
The Specialist is expected to travel as needed, especially during the primary selling seasons. Travel also includes regional and national conferences, as well as various training, marketing, and sales events.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, work-related travel is limited as much as feasible, and employees are asked to take precautions to protect themselves. Since the COVID-19 situation remains dynamic, traveling for this role is voluntary until further notice from public health officials. The safety of our client’s employees is of the utmost importance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a key resource for sales presentations
- Collaborate with sales representatives, sales managers, marketing/editorial managers, SCS, and custom specialists to identify & develop key sales targets.
- Own ROP development and execution
- Assist in exceeding annual sales goals by working with sales teams to prioritize, consult and close top sales targets
- Design targeted sales presentations, based on customer needs, presenting those demonstrations and product trainings directly to customers
- Develop in-depth product/process knowledge of the Humanities & Social Sciences product lines identified as critical to a territory’s success in a given year.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitors’ products in markets that are key to the territory’s growth and success.
- Work with Publishers, Editors, Marketing Managers, and National Consultants to develop successful strategies designed to gain market share. Communicate and reinforce those strategies at regional and national meetings, and during work trips in the field with sales representatives.
- Provide ongoing research and feedback on products, trends, and other developments in the field to sales management, marketing and editorial via Trip Reports and consistent usage of the CRM.
- Demonstrate excellence in quality of feedback to Marketing and Editorial including active participation in Marketing Planning, Forums and Specialist Training
- Assist with the planning and support of national, regional, and local meetings and impact events.
- Provide leadership, training and support for sales representatives with regards to new company initiatives and products
- Customer Training on our key technology products after adoption; ongoing rep training and development on how to sell our client’s key Humanities & Social Sciences products
- Assist in developing training tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- A minimum 3 years of successful college publishing sales experience
- Demonstrated success selling in STEM disciplines highly preferred.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with field sales team and marketing/editorial.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills.
- Available to travel extensively and flexibly.
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Google Suite
Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their dependents are eligible for our client’s benefits, effective on the employee’s date of hire. Our client also offers health benefits coverage to qualifying same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners (may require additional documentation) of active employees.
- Company Car
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Contributions to your Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off policy and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Fast-paced, intellectually-challenging professional environment
- And much more!
Our client is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world’s best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, our client facilitates teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. Our client provides educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. They are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. Our client believes that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and is committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels.